Nationals Entries Are Open!
Well, when we said we would open entries on the 1st of April, we weren’t expecting quite the same 1st of April!
However we said we would do it, we are taking things as they come with the events schedule for the summer and we are hopeful that by September we will be able to be out and about again so –
The Notice of Race has been produced and we have an outline schedule of what is included which hopefully gives you enough information to book your place. NOR LINK HERE
The Event will be hosted by Restronguet Sailing Club, with 10 races over the 4 days on on 10 – 13th September. The Event site will be open from Wednesday 9th and the first race on Thursday 10th is not before 13.55hrs. Entry fee is £150 for double handed boats and £125 for single handed. From the 1st July this will rise to £160 and £135.
Entry Fee will include –
- Camping / motorhome parking / car parking as well as boat storage on the Windsport land immediately behind Restronguet Sailing Club.
- Up to 10 races in the Carrick Roads Estuary.
- Event T shirts (Helm & Crew).
The final social programme will be slightly dependant on the final state of finances and any sponsorship, however within the budget we are planning –
- Wednesday – Club bar open, grab a drink, and see old friends whilst prepping your boat
- Thursday Night social – Fish and Chip Juke Box Social – bar open, make your own party enhanced by any live performances we can persuade members to perform. Stop Lloydy hogging the Juke box all night with Abba. A mobile fish and chip merchant has been booked to attend. At the moment the cost of fish and chips is down to individuals (however it would be lovely if a sponsor could be found for this!).
- Friday – Your chance to explore the local areas hostelries and beauty spots.
- Saturday – This is the big party night, with a curry dinner and band. Dance the night away on the banks of the River Fal.
- Sunday – Prize giving to follow the 2 races scheduled for the day which have an earlier 1100 start to try and enable people to travel home on the day if needed.
During the event the ‘cafe’ within the sailing club will be open for simple catering for both breakfast and early evening meals. There are also two restaurants, one bar and a public cafe all offering excellent food the drink within 300m of the club.
Entries are being made via the UKIDA web collect page (not Restronguet Sailing Club) you need to remember your webcollect login if you are having problems with this shout! – https://webcollect.org.uk/dart18
Entries are limited to 60 boats, this is because the event is due to take place within the estuary and 60 is locally recognised as the largest fleet that can effectively race in the given area. Sailing out in Falmouth Bay would entail additional complications and costs both of which we are keen to avoid.
Virus implications – unfortunately we do have to bear in mind that there may still be virus implications that could affect this event. We will follow both Government guidelines and the needs of the local event area. With this in mind we have agreed with Restronguet that the event will be reviewed on the 3rd August, this is both to see:
- If the event goes ahead on a virus basis
- If the event has enough entries to make it viable.
A full refund will be will be given if the event is cancelled or a competitor is unable to attend for exceptional circumstances.
We are aware that at the moment, lots of things are up in the air, however if the situation permits, and you are looking to attend the event, we would ask you to enter. Nearer the review on the 3rd of August we will ask you to confirm you still intend to attend, and if so, also take further details from you in the way of T shirt sizes, boat numbers, camping requirements etc. If at this point your circumstances have changed which makes entry impossible we will refund entry fees. This hopefully will enable us to have an accurate picture of entries when we review the event on the 3rd August and also to give potential competitors the confidence they need to enter early.
I and the rest of the UKIDA committee and members of Restronguet Sailing Club, look forward to seeing you there in September.